Hi, I’m Atzimba, the human behind Blossom & Balance! ?
I am a 21 year old college student currently living in a cozy beach cottage in the heart of San Diego, California with my awesome roommate, Rachel (check out her lifestyle blog!) and my precious little rescue kitten, Matcha!
I started this blog to channel my inner health freak, wellness junkie, fitness enthusiast, wanna-be yogi, vegan food lovin’, environmentalist, diy-ameatur self. This blog is dedicated to sharing bits & pieces of my life that I hope can inspire others to live consciously, and find balance. Expect to find yummy vegan recipes, what-I-ate-today’s, mindful ramblings, health tips + lots of cat pics. ?
9 Random Facts About Me
- I grew up in Ventura County! If ya don’t know where that is, I’m very used to the puzzling “HUH?” I get from people. Just think 45 minutes North of LA, on the coast. ??
- Even though I grew up in sunny SoCal, I still can’t swim…I’m convinced that I’m unteachable.
- I’ve been blessed with the gift of being a natural morning person. I always wake up around 5-6 AM & although it sounds crazy, I absolutely love it.
- Two of my most favorite books are The Great Gatsby and The Book Thief!
- Caffeine hits me HARD. I only drink it on exam days or when I need to get an important project done. One cup & I literally will be up all night! ☕️ My absolute favorite drink of choice? Iced coffee with some almond milk, maca + agave.
- My love for fitness has driven me to dream of becoming a bodybuilding Bikini Competitor, a marathon runner, a Certified Personal Trainer, or a Certified Yoga Teacher…I promised myself that I would complete at least one by my 22nd birthday…stay tuned to see what wins. ?
- Speaking of yoga…I’ve recently become addicted to aerial yoga! Such a different feeling than a traditional mat class! In my opinion, it’s much more challenging (because you are literally just suspended in mid air while trying to maintain poses) and you feel a deeper stretch. Plus, it’s just fun to play around on the fabric. ??
- My absolute favorite YouTuber is Nikki Blackletter! I’m obsessed! If you’re into fitness, finding your happy & cats, please do yourself a favor & check her out. ?
- 2016 is playing out to be a rough year (need we remember Nov. 8th?), BUT the best thing that happened to me thus far was going through a ridiculously difficult breakup that showed me how to A) be okay with being alone, B) channel negative emotions into something positive (i.e. yoga, running, blogging!) and most importantly, C) how to love myself. ❤️
Thank you for reading + getting to know me! I can’t wait to grow with you.
P.S. Comment 1 fun fact about yourself. I’d love to connect with you babes!