These Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats are hearty, nutritious and perfectly spiced – making them the perfect quick, on-the-go Fall breakfast idea!
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. Yet another food blogger with a pumpkin recipe ready to talk about how much she loves Fall and Pumpkin Spice everything.
Well, funny story.
Fall actually isn’t my favorite season, nor do I am a die hard pumpkin freak. I live in Southern California, so to me, Fall is just another extension of summer, with a handful of “wear-a-sweater-in-the-morning-sweat-to-death-by-noon” type of days. I’m forever a Summer kinda gal, but that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy my Autumn days, right? 🙂 I’m easing myself into the Fall spirit by experimenting with lots of pumpkin recipes that I have actually been loving!
A few days ago, I made a Pumpkin Tofu Bread that I freakin’ loved. It was eaten up in a matter of days and I’ve already baked up another pumpkin based treat!
I knew I wanted to try my hand at a few breakfast pumpkin recipes so here is the first of many to come! 🙂
You can’t really go wrong with overnight oats. They are always a very hearty, filling and easy as f*ck meal to take if you’re in a rush!
a few last things…
- I recommend sticking to rolled oats as opposed to steel cut for this recipe. They are thicker, so they soak up just the right amount of liquid!
- Feel free to sub agave for maple syrup or even coconut sugar, depending on what you have.
- You can most definitely enjoy these hot or cold. My favorite way is to make them the night before, then just quickly grab/eat it straight out of the fridge but if you have time to warm ’em up, feel free. 🙂
- 1 cup oats
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1½ cup water or plant based milk
- 1 TBSP coconut yogurt (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until uniform.
- Divide the mixture into 2 or 3 small mason jars, depending on how much you would like. I divided mine into 3 and go about ½ cup per jar.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy right out of the fridge! Top with fruit, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, etc.
share the love!