Whether or not you’re hyped for the Fall season, you’ll be hyped for this delicious vegan pumpkin protein bread! Naturally sweetened with bananas + packed with plant based protein from tofu, it’s a definite addition to your seasonal baking.
happy fall, y’all!
You’ve probably already visited your fav coffee shop for a pumpkin spice latte (checked to make sure the syrups were dairy free, of course 😉), brought out the Halloween decor and sweater weather wardrobe, right?
But have you gotten a chance to get bakin’ some delicious goods yet?
As the cooler weather approaches, we’re all a bit guilty of indulging a bit more than we usually do. No shame in the game. Holiday food is meant to be enjoyed! But when festive foods are healthy, vegan, AND packed with a healthy amount of protein, it’s a guilt-free win all around!
If you’ve been following along on Instagram, you know I’ve been counting macros lately to make a solid effort in eating more of a well-rounded, balanced plant based diet. I knew I wanted to make a bread that would fit well into my daily macros and still have a yummy fall-y flavor. I decided to experiment with tofu to add in protein.
A complete success!
I’ve never used tofu as an egg replacer, but after this recipe, I might just try adding it to everything I bake now!
Adding tofu in gave the bread a moist, yet fluffy texture, without giving an off flavor.
This bread was tender + perfectly sweet + subtly spiced.
Oh, and don’t forget to try it warmed up with a shhhhhmear of almond butter. You’ll thank me later. 😉
- 1¼ cup oat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ripe banana
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 4.5 oz tofu
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: ¼ nuts like pecans or walnuts (I didn't use any this time but next time, I certainly will)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a small bread loaf pan with non-stick spray, or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until uniform. Set aside.
- Add the banana, pumpkin puree, tofu, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold in.
- Once batter is uniform, pour into the bread loaf pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees (F) for 35-41 minutes, or until fork comes out clean from center.
- Let cool before enjoying! Store in fridge and warm before serving.
If you try this recipe out, please share with me on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook! Make sure to use #blossomandbalance so I can see all the yummy goodness!
Hope you enjoyed!